Wednesday 4 December 2013

Dear Michael.

Dear Michael

You won't remember me, but I remember you.




I was there when you came into the world, I held your mother's hand and it was a special time between us. We sort of knew you would be her last baby, and we wanted to cherish every second of your entrance into our lives.






You were such a big miracle for such a little boy.





I didn't know it then but I would never have a good chance to get to know you. 

You live far away now and I have not heard you talk, or sing, or laugh.  I have not watched you get on a tricycle, play on the beach, argue with your big sister, or discover new things. 





How will your little voice sound when you say your first words, and what will those words be?

I had looked forward to sitting in a rocking chair and reading to you, making up funny parts,  taking you to feed the birds like I did with your sister, baking cookies with all your favorite things in them, burping the alphabet, blowing big gum bubbles, and playing building blocks, having the most fun when we knocked them all down and made lots of noise.




But I know you through pictures.

I know already that you are kind, funny, sensitive, interesting, and a ball of fire.





Who knows what the future holds for you?

Will you know me one day? Will you know your Aunty Emelia and Emma, and Uncle Ethan and Eysiah?

Will you take after my father,, will you have my sense of humor or your grandfather Jim's love of history? What will you be like as you grow? What will you look like?  With what types of talents and abilities has God blessed you? What great things might you accomplish? Who will you marry? Will I be around to see you grow into adulthood and have a family of your own? I certainly pray that I do. 





I will write to you from time to time, on this blog. I hope you will find it one day. 

I want you to know that nobody is perfect, and people make mistakes, But forgiveness is one of the most important things you should have in your heart. And faith. And kindness. Treat others as you would want to be treated. And have fun whenever you can.




Hate is easy, love takes courage. It takes guts to be gentle and kind, especially for boys and men.




Please learn about the “God Stuff”, it really works, trust me.



Your mom made a wish  and you came true.




I am always holding your hand, even if I am not there.




 And  please remember that no matter where you are in this big world and no matter what you are doing you can always count on me. I will endlessly love and support you.




Michael, my wish for you is that this life becomes all that you want it to your dreams stay big and your worries stay small  and I hope you know that the grandmother you may not remember and may not know,is a good person who loves you and if I cannot be there in your life i will love you for the rest of mine.










                                               Your far away grandmother - Sian Thomson.





No comments:

Post a Comment